Welcome to Change.org’s U.S. Press Room
Change.org by the numbers
- Over 250 million users in 18 countries
- Growing by more than 2 million new users every month
- More than 1,000 new petitions launched every day in the U.S.
- See their impact
FAQs and Helpful Information
What kinds of stories can I source on Change.org?
Thousands of petitions are started every day on Change.org, on a wide range of issues from elevating the rights of sexual assault survivors to holding the White House accountable to taxpayers. Our communications team can help you tell timely trend stories featuring every day people, as well as more in-depth profiles of citizens who start petitions. Please for frequent updates.
How can I use Change.org to source stories?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org澳门皇冠手机网站 to source stories in three key ways:
- Connect to the people behind the top trending petitions and find a spokesperson. Whether you’re looking for someone to comment on the story of the day or the story of the hour, we’ll search through the hundreds of petitions around that topic and find you the perfect person.
- Speak with our CEO , one of Time’s 100 most influential people) and an expert on people power, how technology is changing the experience of civic engagement, and corporate accountability.
- Connect with our world-class campaigns team, featuring experts on everything from health policy to immigration. Our team members can speak broadly about the social activism trends we’re seeing on Change.org.
I have written an article mentioning a petition on Change.org; can I share it with the signers of the petition?
澳门皇冠手机网站Articles mentioning petitions on Change.org hyperlink back to the original petition page, so the article may be shared as a petition update sent to all the petition signers. Linking back to Change.org petitions are a great way to drive traffic to your article, while also amplifying exposure for the cause at hand.
How can I find a petition on a given topic?
If you’re in a time crunch, you can enter relevant keywords into our search bar and review the results. If you have slightly more time, email email@example.com澳门皇冠手机网站 with what you’re looking for, and we’ll get you what you need!
How big do Change.org petitions get?
澳门皇冠手机网站The vast majority of petitions are local or niche and don’t require a high number of signatures to win. The top 0.05% of petitions have thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands, of signatures, with a few reaching several million signatures.
Who is the average petition starter?
There is no average petition starter on Change.org. Generally, petitions starters are reflective of the US population: all ethnicities, backgrounds and ages, from young children (who start petitions in partnership with their parents) to older adults.
Who uses Change.org?
- Petition starters and supporters: Nearly 180 million people around the world are creating
change in their communities.
- Decision makers: Influencers at the highest levels of government and business are engaging
with their constituents and consumers.
- Organizations: More than 100,000 organizations are advancing their causes and connecting
with new supporters.
- Media: Journalists source powerful stories and cover campaigns hundreds of times a day.
The Change.org communications team
澳门皇冠手机网站Our communications team can put you in touch with petition starters and provide petition data including the most popular and fastest growing petitions.
澳门皇冠手机网站We can provide expert comment on people power, online campaigning, and digital civic engagement. Our senior executives are also available to speak at conferences, seminars and workshops.
We are also available to meet with your editorial or production staff for an in-depth look at using Change.org for coverage. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’re interested in hosting a presentation.
Contact the team:
Please note the following contact information is only for media requests. We will not be able to respond to support requests. If you’re looking for help with a petition or you have a support question, please visit
- On Twitter:
- At Medium:
- On Facebook: